Paid Search can be extremely effective for generating online sales, however they work best alongside Google Shopping campaigns, which allow advertisers to display inventory items in the search results based on the products on their website.
Product Listing Ads (PLAs)
Product Listing Ads (PLAs) are what appear in the search results when a user searches for a product. The ads are made up of:
- An image of the product
- The price of the product
- The name of the product
- The name of the merchant
Google Shopping Feeds
We will create a data feed containing the details of all the products on your website and upload them to Google Merchant Center, so that we can create a Google Shopping campaign in Google AdWords and start promoting your products.
Your product feed is made up a vast amount of information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Product SKU
- Product Name
- Product Description
- Product Price
- Product Sale Price (for special offers)
- Product Condition (new, refurbished or used)
- Product Type
- Product Category
- Product Page (on your website)
- Product Image
- Shipping Details
Shopping Feed Optimisation
We optimise Google Shopping feeds in various ways, depending on your objective. For example, if your objective is to achieve the highest possible return on ad spend (ROAS), we would consider the following:
- Segmenting your products into product groups based on their value
- Setting a target cost per conversion (CPA) for each product group
- Writing very specific product titles and descriptions to help prevent your ads for appearing for broad and speculative search terms
On the other hand, if your objective is to generate as many sales as possible, we might consider the following:
- Segmenting your products by into product groups based on their product category
- Keeping product titles and descriptions very open and broad
- Bidding more aggressively on products that are likely to generate a high number of impressions & have high levels of competition
Whatever your objective is, we will create a strategy using various tools, our internal expertise and past performance history of similar advertisers’ campaigns.
If you are interested in finding out how we can help you to generate more sales online, improve your ROI and sustain long-term growth of your online business, contact us here to arrange a free consultation.